Seafair Milk Carton Derby
July 13, 2013 - www.seafair.com
What a blast - participate or spectate
Of course if you are the girl to the left been smacked in the face with the paddle you may want to be a spectator in the next Seafair Milk Carton Derby. What a test of creativity. All the boats must be made of at least 50 milk cartons, but the real test comes when they put their boats in the water for the first time. Some of them like the Wheel of Fortune below never do float, which makes it difficult to win a race on water. The races are broken up into 5 categories in 2 divisions. They race for prizes worth $10,000.
The 35,000 spectators have fun on the beautiful Green Lake shores with a pie eating contest, peanut toss, Mooing contest, plus visits by the Seafair Clowns, Sea Gals, and the Seafair Royalty just to name a few.
Time: Sat -10am to 4pm
Location: On the Southwest corner of Greenlake in North Seattle
* There are usually over 100 milk carton boats, so make sure you collect your cartons well in advance
* Minimum of 50 milk cartons per 100 pounds
* Corporations this is great advertising since this event usually receives a lot of press.
* Don't forget to see the Dragon Boat Races about midway through the race heats.
* This will be3 the 43rd year of the Milk Carton races.
This is a Randall Tomaras website. All web design, copy, and photographs copyright Randall Tomaras 2012